Only 6 days left until MediaTech Hub Conference. Meet MediaTech experts from all over the world on November 19 & 20 in the very special atmosphere of the world's oldest major film studio in
Potsdam-Babelsberg. Have you bought your ticket yet? Hurry up now - click here for the ticket shop.
Receive your annual update on technologies in film, TV and VoD at the Entertainment Stage and learn all about how media technologies are boosting other industries at the
Industry Stage. Be part of our special highlight, the VR NOW Awards Show on the evening of the first day of the conference.
What can you expect?
MediaTech for Film & TV (Entertainment Stage)
- Artificial intelligence in daily production: the use case of France TV
- Audiovisual metadata as a business: what we can learn from the German Football League and Swiss television
- Interactive TV formats: The world-famous American TV documentary series "POV" is breaking new ground
- Niche VoD platforms on the rise: guests are "Revry" (LGBT), "FilmDoo" (Arthouse) and "filmfriend" (Libraries)
- Virtual production: VFX as we can see it in the animated blockbuster movie "Disney’s King of the Lions"
- Cloud-based workflows: exclusive presentation of latest trends from USA / UK
MediaTech for the Industry (Industry Stage)
- Drivers UX: Mercedes Benz Innovation Lab and Fraunhofer discuss MediaTech in cars of the future
- Voice search technologies: an outlook from the only German "Alexa Champion"
- Data driven marketing: award winning campaigns in discussion
- eHealth: Charité and Brainlab show the future
- Data visualization: new ways of evaluating facts and figures
- Digital humans: Avatar pioneer Hermione Flynn in conversation
Especially for our XR / VR / AR Community
- Biennale19 Award winner Ricardo Laganaro presents his XR experience "The Line"
- Volumetric movie: updates from Intel and Volucap
- New trends in immersive storytelling: creatives from Beijing, Montreal and London in conversation
- XR in architecture: the world-famous architectural firm Zaha Hadid Architects
On 19 November, we start with some provocative food for thought: Keynote speaker Sara M. Watson discusses why technology is not neutral, how platforms wield power, and that
culture and technology are inextricably entwined. The independent author and technology critic from Singapore regularly writes for Wired and The Washington Post about the tension between
technology, culture and society. Follow her constructive technology criticism that aims to bring stakeholders together in productive conversation, and shows us alternative ways to ensure that we
are building a humane, just, and inclusive future.
Get connected at #mthcon:
- Use our Matchmaking Tool, make appointments with other participants
- Enjoy our great Get Together on the evening of the 19th of November
- Visit UFA, Studio Babelsberg or Filmuniversity Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF during our Babelsberg Newbie Tour on 20 November
- Stands and lounges by MediaTech Hub Lab & MediaTech Hub Accelerator: Get to know creativity and innovation potential in the field
Visit our # mthcon workshops
- For the Innovation Day before the conference (Nov 18) there are still some seats available for “Inclusive Gaming”
- Deep Dives & Insights: visit four Workshops during the conference, where you can get to grips with topics from the entertainment and industry area
Look forward to our excellent moderators! Kate Bulkley (award-winning journalist, UK) runs our Entertainment Stage. The internationally reknown spokesperson and presenter
Kathleen Schroeter will present to you our Industry Stage together with Sven Slazenger (CEO, Interlake).
We are looking forward to meeting you!